With reference to our previous CustomerInfo of September 6, 2018 on Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) implementing CTN (Cargo Tracking Note) for all shipments entering Ghana, please note that Ghana Cargo Tracking Regulation has been implemented on October 15, 2018, taking into consideration the following:
- Without a valid CTN number, containers can be loaded on intended vessel.
- CTN process and supply of information as well as supporting documents on the global online platform is the sole responsibility of Shipper / Exporter or Forwarder at Port of Loading.
- Importers whose import volume exceeds 36 Twenty Foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) per year, will be required to obtain CTN at country of Export.
- Importers with less than 36 TEUs per year are exempted from CTN compliance and will have to apply for an exemption code at destination.
- CTN will also apply on transit cargo.