The Gambia, officially the Republic of The Gambia, is a country in West Africa.
It is the smallest country within mainland Africa and is surrounded by Senegal, except for its western coast on the Atlantic Ocean. The Gambia is situated on both sides of the lower reaches of the Gambia River, the nation's namesake, which flows through the centre of The Gambia and empties into the Atlantic Ocean, and elucidates the long shapeof the country. It has an area of 11,300 square kilometres (4,400 sq mi) with a population of 1,857,181 as of the April 2013 census. Banjul is the Gambian capital and the country'slargest metropolitan area, while the largest cities are Serekunda and Brikama.
The top export partners of the Republic of Guinea are:
- United Kingdom
The top import partners of the Republic of Guinea are:
- Ivory Coast
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
- Operator: GAMBIA PORT AUTHOURITY
- Port Name: BANJUL PORT
- Export Cut-Off: 48hrs before arrival
Export Prohibited Cargo
- Remains of Wild Animals
Import Prohibited Cargo
- Plastics bags
- Toxic Waste
- Pornographic Materials
- Energy Drinks with the name “pussy"
- Dangerous Weapons and/or any kind of Military Cargo
- Counterfeit or non-standard coins or currency notes Ilicit drugs
- Expired foods (liquids, soluble & medicine)
- Waste and sludge deposits unless you have permit from Government
- Any organic phosphorus compounds
- Any good that have been imported with the aim of breaching another’s intellectual property rights
- Asbestos in all forms
- Ivory, Articles of ivory, wild animal skins, snake skins and articles made from turtle shells and wild plants
- Plastic bags and Charcoal
- Any other good the importation of which is prohibited under any international convention to which The Gambia is a signatory
- Live fish other than live fish indigenous to the Gambia except under license issued by Ministry of Fisheries.
Import Restricted Cargo
- IMO Cargo Class 1,4 & 6,1
- Timbers like rose wood,fire arms and animals hide with a licence has to be granted before exports.
- Charcoal unless you have permit from Government
- Machines for duplicating keys
- Firearms (unless properly licensed)
- Handcuffs except under a licensed issued by Minister of Interior
- Tear gas
- Most live birds (and their eggs) and animals from the African countries are subject to strict control. Ivory, articles of ivory wild animal skin, snakeskin and articles made from them.
- Camera drones must be cleared by the Ministry of Information and Communication.
- Military gear
- Plastic bags
- Live fish other than live fish indigenous to the Gambia except under license issued by ministry of fisheries.
- Camera drone must be clear by the Ministry of Information and Communication.
- Timber unless you have permit from Government